Aug 20, 2013

A Process of Recovery

It has been four weeks.  A flash in the pan on the road to recovery - but progress is being made. Life has the audacity to go on while I just want to stop and think about the good old days.  Were they really all and always the good old days?

No not all - in fact, I came across an intended blog post I wrote early in July when Blue was still with us and taking a lot of time and care.

I backed down on posting it because I was censuring what to put out there.  I may post it one of these days - in the mean time you get this one.

When I re-read the un-posted blog post it set me off crying for a good 2 hours. I mean I was boo hooing all over again - the depth of the angst takes my breath away at times.  Folks, I am, so sad without our Baby Blue - So is my dear "huzbin" Vinny.

To be honest, this grieving business is hard to handle. Vin and I have taken turns with our bad moments and on occasion we are both a mess at the same time.  We have been cheating on Blue and looking at web sites of breeders.  I even put our name in with one for future updates.  We are dog people. And it is only a matter of time before we bring another dog into our home.

My desk looks out over the front yard at the magnolia tree Blue often sat under.  I could keep an eye on her and get work done at the same time. With the window open and the blinds up, it was like being in the same room. Blue held court with everybody.  If you walk by here - she'd bark at you until you'd stop.  Blue's pals come by here still - not daily as they used to but they come.  Some of my neighbors walk in front of our house at a good clip while the dogs peer back at the house.  The dogs obey keeping up with their people but I know they want to stop.  I tell myself its okay - time will heal the raw edges of hurting.

Until then, I will jump up from my desk on occasion and call out to my neighbors who may be a tad uncomfortable around the fact that their dog is trying to drag them over to visit Baby Blue.  Also there are the regular walkers, people walking without a dog who are bowing their heads as they pass. Blue may not be under the tree - but I'm still here and Blue's sweet spirit is too - It's okay to let the dogs be dogs and stop - and it's okay to look up and wave if you see us outside.  It's good for all of us.  I miss my neighborly visits.  

I hope it is okay that I posted this picture. I do not know who to give credit to. I posted a link to where I found it  @humorflip.com



No comments: